Friday, December 5, 2008

Holy cow

I went to Target this past week to Christmas shop for some of my nephews that I hadn't crossed off my list yet. After I was done, I figured I'd get ONE small thing for the baby because that's what made it real for me with Liam. So I headed off to the baby section.

Keep in mind up until now I had to keep mental blinders on because I thought that the girls's clothes were so cute, but I had to actually buy the boys's stuff. So I've been living in somewhat oblivion for the last two years.

First thing I was attacked by was the amount of PINK. Lots and lots of pink. And it wasn't the cute pale pink either--it was a full on assault of the most aggressively hot pink I've ever seen. I found ONE item less than $10 that wasn't the most atrocious colour. There was some cute Classic Pooh stuff (for which I am the biggest sucker ever) but it's expensive! I've found some companies that don't believe that pink/fuchsia/rose/coral/blush isn't the only colour girl's clothes can be. Unfortunately, they are Gap, Old Navy, and Gymboree; all really expensive clothes unless on sale.

I've decided to decorate the nursery in red and yellowish gold, with black and white for accents. I've bought this beautiful taffeta (100% polyester!) that has these gold dragonflies embroidered all over it. It's also the fabric I'm making my evening gown out of. I did Liam's nursery in Classic Pooh (none of that &^*% Disney cartoon Pooh) that took me FOREVER because I made almost everything. I was pleased with how it turned out though. I'll post pictures when the computer stops being on the fritz.

1 comment:

  1. Embrace the pink! I was a pink-hata, too, until I actually had a sweet baby girl to dress. You only get to do it once, so enjoy it! The nursery fabric sounds gorgeous - I can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete