Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Casualties

So today, I burned the rice. Add this to the pot I burned last week and the one before that, and it's starting to look like I have about a 50% average. So why not buy a rice cooker you ask? HA. Well, one is that those puny rice cookers that you can buy in American stores don't make enough. And I've already killed three of them over the course of our marriage.

I started to think about the appliances I've killed over the past 8 1/2 years. So far it's been:

1 clothing iron
2 crock pots (one melted and the other started on fire. No, seriously.)
4 hand mixers (and one on the way out)
3 rice cookers
1 sewing machine (that was brought back to life)
2 toasters
1 sandwich maker (to be fair, that one was Justin)
2 waffle irons
1 blender (that predated marriage)
1 mini food processor

Whew. That's quite a list. I really am not that hard on small appliances. I think they're just crap most of the time and made to die. The best one was when I plugged in the last crock pot and it sparked and started smoking. How on earth did that happen?!? I am currently without a blender, rice cooker, crock pot, waffle iron or toaster. Anyone have a brand/model they love?

Today I:

Medical appointment
Hobby lobby (which deserves it's own blog post)
Library to return and pick up books
Costco to return a coat

3 comments:

  1. That IS quite the list! Though, having been through a few myself I also think most stuff is just made of crap, too. Like the "quality" blender we bought that only lasted a couple years even though we make smoothies like three times a year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My list is only 1 hand mixer and a deep fryer. That was the one that bugged me the most. It's not like we are frying three times a week! And it only lasted 2 years.

    Your crock pot stories are scary because those are appliances you leave alone! Were you there when the fire started?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one, the handle melted off and cracked, so nothing too serious. The second one just sparked and started to smoke after I plugged it in. I think the cord got twisted and shorted out?

    ReplyDelete