Saturday, September 29, 2012

Never start an land war in Asia either

I have learned today, in addition to the rule "never go to Costco on a Saturday", never go to an Asian grocery story the day before the Moon Festival. I was looking for moon cakes, but also needed some bonito flakes. I walked up and down the aisles for about a half hour and I FINALLY found it. I was about ready to give up, chaulking it up to one of two things: either this store was just too big, or the rest Asia still hadn't forgiven the Japanese.

Today I:

Taught ballet at the YMCA
Went to Survived Costco and the Asian market

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha... I guess Costco is crazy anywhere on a Saturday, eh? I don't know what it is about bonito flakes, it took me 2hrs to find them in the Asian stores back home too, maybe there's truth to your statements :) Mmmm, bonito flakes... I do love a good Dashi broth.

    ReplyDelete