So the increased appetite side effect kicked in today. I was in the grocery store when I felt the need to try to buy and eat EVERYTHING. I tried to buy my weight in sushi, seafood, and pot noodles. Most of the fish went into cioppino tonight and the sushi was devoured for lunch along with a grilled cheese. I'm hoping that I won't weigh a thousand pounds before this course of prednisone is over. Fortunately, I talked my doctor into prescribing metformin for me (which is going to be a long term medication) which will off set any appetite issues. I can't start it for another day because she wanted me to be on the prednisone for a week to make sure there weren't any bad side effects. In the mean time, a can of olives is a perfectly valid bedtime snack, right guys?
Today I:
Took both kids to speech therapy
Washed all of Alana's bedding
Grocery store
Made some kick-ass cioppino
What is cioppino? I probably spelled it wrong, but it sounds tasty :) I might like an excuse for going on a crazy food binge, especially good food, but it does stink to try to get the weight off too. Here's hoping metformin works well and you can have your cake and eat it too! :)
ReplyDelete