I've decided that after being on the prednisone 6 weeks longer than intended and suffering through the side effects, I was done. I'm 10 days away from being completely weaned off it. Unfortunately, the mastitis is back in full force. So I'm basically living in pain right now. Today was especially bad as my left arm ached all day in addition to the lump. I'm hoping that once it stops growing, maybe it won't hurt (I think the pain is from inflamed tissue, not the lump) and maybe I'll just learn to live with it. Maybe I'll give it a name. Otherwise, it's off to the rheumatologist I go.
The house is a huge wreck. I'm reminded in the book Cold Sassy Tree when Miss Love tells Will Tweedy that when a woman gets sick, her house get sick too. Sexism aside (it is supposed to be 1906), it became true in our house too. When I got depressed and started to hurt physically too, I stopped doing the housework. I spent most of today trying to fix a little of that, doing laundry and cleaning the kitchen, but it was very much doing a task and rewarding myself by reading a few more chapters of the new JK Rowling book. And I petered out around early afternoon. I suck.
I met only one of my goals this year. I got more of the house decorated, but it's far from done. I didn't lose weight, but at least I didn't gain a ton either. I found out that I'm insulin resistant, meaning that losing weight is going to be difficult even if I exercised all the time. Being on medication for a quarter of the year that left me hungry and energy-less really didn't help. Hopefully the metformin will help with the insulin resistant. But I did start a garden and did pretty well until the aphids set in.
I'm hoping that 2013 will be a good year. I'm trying to plan a trip to visit my bff in Vietnam and Singapore, and this year we're taking the kids to Disneyland. Yay!
My goals for the next few months:
Lose as much weight as I can
Go through my clothes and get rid of stuff
Start building a functioning wardrobe (you know that I don't even own a pair of jeans right now?)
Sew some new stuff for me
I'm really sorry that you've had such a rough year. It sucks. I hope 2013 will be better.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the things you sew--post pics!
I'm sorry 2012 was so crappy. I've felt for you as I've read some of your posts. I hope 2013 can be a happier and healthier year. (And I really hope you don't have to name your lump. Lumps should not be around long enough to name.)
ReplyDeleteThat was a pretty horrible year. I hope that 2013 is much much better. Also can you name your lump Mergatroid?
ReplyDeleteBoo on 2012! Bring on the new year! I have high hopes for 2013, too. And, really, you can't go wrong with a trip to Disneyland already in the works.
ReplyDelete