Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Some days need a head...

So I can hit it in the face with a chair.

Today was one of those days that just kind of suck. On the plus side, the lump on my breast seems to have shrunk a little bit so it didn't hurt quite as badly today. On the negative side, when I called my doctor to tell her this and ask if I should get an ultrasound on Friday, I was told that the doctor had felt a hard lump in the cyst, which could indicate a tumour. Ugh.

I finally got rid of the extra crib we had. When Liam was about six months old, we bought the crib that I'd been stalking for about a year and a half. Then when Alana was born, I'd discovered that company that made the crib went out of the business. I searched the internet until I found one that looked exactly like it. But Alana decided that she like to sleep in the pack n play and she slept in there for 18 months until she could climb out (and Liam could climb in!). For about 6 months, we had a crib set up for her that she never slept in. However, Liam's crib was then recalled, so I had to lug it back to Babies R Us and buy a new one. I decided to get two matching cribs that we never set up as cribs but as two toddler beds. We took down the second crib and just stored it. We even moved it up here to Seattle. The kids are still sleeping on the second set of cribs that have been converted to double beds.

So I've been trying to decide what to do with this extra crib. I could sell it on craigslist, but the site is full of people trying to sell their cribs. Also, the person would have to come to our house to pick it up, and I'm always nervous of telling random strangers on the internet where we live. So I told the Relief Society secretary that I had a crib that I would like to give to someone who needed one. Unfortunately, good deeds never go unpunished when the secretary sent the news out in a mass email and I got two women emailing me back telling me they wanted it. So I was put in the uncomfortable position of trying to decide who had the greater need and "interviewing" these two women about their, um, financial positions. One woman already had a crib for her toddler, so I decided that the other woman needed it more. Argh, that was so not what I wanted to deal with. Since we had put the crib together and taken it apart, I was trying to find where I'd put the hardware. I was searched through boxes in the garage, office and our bedroom closet frantically, finally calling the woman to tell her that I couldn't find the hardware, but since it was standard sizes, she'd be able to get replacements at home depot. But then her husband and Justin were loading it into the truck, they heard a clink and found the hardware in a packet tied to the mattress support. Oops. Anyway, it's gone and now I can work on trying to clean out of the rest of the garage so we can park Justin's car in there as well.

After it was gone, I pulled out the gorm shelving from Ikea that I'd bought a year ago to put together so we could get the food storage off the floor. But in that year, Shelob had apparently made her home on it and a bunch of spiders came running out at me. I shriek and ran back into the house, yelling to Justin that Aragog and his kids were after me and he would have to put it together. Yeah, I'm a wuss.

So today I:

Cleared out several boxes in my quest for crib hardware
Cleaned out my closet in quest for crib hardware
Got rid of the crib
Started to put together some shelving.

No comments:

Post a Comment