Wednesday, September 19, 2012

In which I'm a hypocrite

So I don't like mommy blogs who talk about their experiences potty training because 1) GROSS and 2) no one cares. But turns about fair play, here's the fun I had today:

So while I was in my bedroom this morning, Alana had an accident on the carpet outside my door. Unfortunately, she was wearing this tutu that I'd made last year. ARGH. So while I was cleaning that up, she promptly had another accident. So I put her on the potty (keep in mind that she hadn't pooped for days) and made her stay there for an hour. She kept running out of the bathroom and I'd tell her to get back on the potty. After an hour of not doing anything, I put her in a pull-up and set her in her room for a nap. Two minutes later she was screaming her head off because she'd, yup, pooped in her pants. I cleaned her up and was about ready to set her back on the potty when I noticed that nearly an entire roll of toilet paper was stuffed in there. Every time she'd run out of the bedroom earlier apparently she'd wiped, but not flushed. So I had to unclog the toilet while trying to keep a naked 3 year-old-calm in a very small enclosed space. Yay. And all of this was before 1 o'clock. Yay. So there is my gross, gratuitous story that serves to reinforce some people's (smart) decision not to have kids. Just kidding. Sort of. Yay.

Today I:
Unclogged a toilet (!!!)
Did two loads of laundry
Pruned the trees and bushes in my front yard while simultaneously trying to keep Alana out of the street and the neighbour's driveway. She finally settled down to picking and eating blackberries off the bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment