Monday, September 3, 2012

Bumbershoot

So my brother had an extra ticket to the gig that he was doing at Bumbershoot tonight, so I got to tag along. Bumbershoot is a huge arts, music and comedy festival that happens at the Seattle Center (where the Space Needle is). He hosted a trivia contest after which he and Mindy (my sister-in-law) went to see the band Vaseline at one of the outdoor theaters. I'm not a huge concert person and so I wandered off and bought some veggie spring rolls at one of the food stalls and walked around. There some very cool artist stands that I looked at (though not $35 a shirt cool) and I got to listen to the bands from farther away so it didn't hurt my  ears.
Source This fountain is HUGE. This photo was obviously not taken tonight.

Afterwards I settled by the fountain and just sat. You know the last time I was able to just sit down? It's been MONTHS. It was quite relaxing know that a kid wasn't going to run up and start whining or demanding something. Despite being surrounded by people, I felt very calm and alone mostly because it's been a while since I didn't have anywhere to go or was responsible for another person. Bumbershoot was awesome and something that I totally would not do normally because of the noise and crowds, but I did okay because I had mints that I could suck on when I was feeling stressed. Sucking on something makes me not chew on the inside of my mouth and turn it into a cankerous mess. People in high school always knew I was a good source for tic tacs because I had to always have them to stay calm. But you had to take two. ALWAYS TWO.

Today I:

Took Alana to speech therapy and then Joann fabric to get stuff for her Halloween costume.
Made it through the smoke, noise and chaos of Bumbershoot.

1 comment:

  1. I also chew on the inside of my lip. It's either that or bite my nails. I've never been able to stop both.

    ReplyDelete